Moorpark Adult School is dedicated to empowering students by championing their diverse academic, career, and personal aspirations. We are committed to fostering a supportive and equitable learning environment for each Moorpark Adult School learner in their lifelong educational journey.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes:
- Lifelong Learning and Career Aspirations
- Rationale: With the rapid pace of change in industries and the world at large, there is a need for students to be geared towards continuous learning and adaptability.
- Outcome: Students will be equipped with tools and a mindset geared towards continuous learning, enabling them to adapt and excel in their academic pursuits and chosen professions as well as become active contributors to their communities.
- Providing Holistic Support and Development:
- Rationale: The success of each student is paramount and is dependent upon addressing their multifaceted needs. It is vital to provide resources that cater to their social, educational, academic, and emotional needs.
- Outcome: Students will confidently demonstrate growth in various skills including critical thinking, effective communication, and personal resilience, preparing them for challenges throughout their lives.
- Mastery of Language and Communication:
- Rationale: The modern world demands excellence in language skills, notably in English speaking, reading, writing, and listening, for effective interpersonal and professional engagement.
- Outcome: Students will attain proficiency in English language skills, ensuring their readiness to function in diverse settings, and employ industry-specific vocabulary effectively in workplace scenarios.
- Community Engagement and Awareness:
- Rationale: Schools operate within larger communities, and the relevance of educational opportunities should be well communicated and understood within this context.
- Outcome: The school community will be consistently informed of, and engaged in, the importance and relevance of educational opportunities, promoting a culture of lifelong learning and fostering relationships within the Moorpark community.
MUSD Board Policies